Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Feeding Pumba

The question I get asked most is, "So... what CAN you eat?" My answer is always the same, "More than what I can't eat." I eat a large variety of fruits and vegetables, pure meats, beans, and whole grains (ie. brown rice, quinoa, corn, etc.) There is so much you can do with it all. I have a much larger diet now then I did before I was diagnosed with celiac disease. One of my favorite things to eat right now is Southern Stirfry. It is so easy, quick, and delicious!! Sorry I don't have a picture for it (I always like to see what I am trying to make), but I promise you it is good. Try it!!

 Southern Stirfry
1 can Black Eyed Peas (drained and rinsed)
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup brown rice (cooked and chilled)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cayenne pepper
2 cups fesh spinach leaves
 Warm skillet and spray with non-stick spray (gluten-free of course). Add all the ingredients except the spinach. Stir occasionally until warm through, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach. Stir occasionally, until the spinach is warm and wilted, about 7 minutes. Serve and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. So Amy, I have to tell you that I have really enjoyed reading your blog. It is so positive and funny. And this recipe sounds fantastic! I am glad you are doing better, and I can't wait to hear more. :D

    ReplyDelete