Friday, November 20, 2009

Only me...

For those of you who truly know me, you know I can be quite the ditz. Well a few weeks ago I had a 'moment'. I was getting ready for bed and decided that I was going to put lotion on. Now, I usually put on lotion after I shower but decided to switch things up that day and put it on at night. I also decided that I was going to use a lotion I hadn't used in a while. So, I put the lotion on, got dressed and went downstairs to brush my teeth. As I was flossing I realized that I still had lotion on my hands. I just shook my head at myself. Seriously, who puts on lotion before they floss their teeth. Don't you learn not to do that by the time you're 6!?! Oh well, the worst that happens is that it tastes bad right? Then I stopped... some lotions have gluten but it's not a big deal because you don't ingest it. Only, being the immensely intelligent person I am, I stuck my hands in my mouth right after I put it on, thus ingesting it. Well, still not a big deal, because most lotions don't have gluten, only a few. So, I just finished flossing and brushing my teeth. When I went back to my bedroom I decided to check my lotion bottles. The lotion I usually use was fine, completely gluten-free. Then I checked the lotion that I had used that night, you know the one I hadn't used in a while. Well, just my luck, one of the last ingredients was wheat-starch. So, just a recap... not only did I get a bad taste in my mouth but I also gave myself a gluten reaction (it came full force the next day). It's just another one of those things that makes me laugh at myself and shake my head saying, "only me, only me."

1 comment:

  1. That's some serious commitment to flossing! Tell you what, I'll give you twenty gluten free dollars to get my husband to floss everyday:)

    ReplyDelete